One of the best days of my career: Aditya Tare

Ricky-Ponting-Aditya-Tare-celebrates-MI-Win-IPL-2013

For a youngster like Aditya Tare, playing under the watchful eyes of some of the most respected coaches itself provides an invaluable opportunity. Add to that the chance to fill in Sachin Tendulkar’s shoes atop the Mumbai Indians order and you have the perfect baptism by fire for an up and coming cricketer.  (Also Read: CSK vs MI - Final Report & Stats: IPL 2013)

The 25-year-old showed a lot of promise during the handful of chances he got this year for MI. He even managed to score a remarkable half-century during one of his outings for the franchise. However, he was completely awestruck after his team won their first IPL title. (Also See: IPL 2013 Winner Mumbai Indians Celebrations - Pics)

“Winning the Ranji Trophy and the IPL this year is two of the best days of my career,” said Tare during his post-game chat with IPLT20.com. 

Tare also relished the opportunity to replace the Little Master as one-half of MI’s opening pair. “This is a big responsibility and I am glad that the support staff and the captain have put the faith in me to open the innings. I relish this opportunity and I just want to bat to the best of my ability,” he said.

Tare also looks forward to the invaluable advice Tendulkar offers him, both as his Ranji and MI teammate. “He is always talking to me about my game even in the Ranji team. He always shares whatever information he thinks is important to be shared with me,” Tare said.

He added that in a diverse set-up like MI’s, even an experienced leader like Ricky Ponting offers great insight into the game. “He is a great leader even when he is not playing. He has been leading the side well in the dressing room. And I have learnt a lot from both Tendulkar and Ponting this year,” he said

Thanks to his stint with the Mumbai Indians, Tare says he has improved as a cricketer. Given that he has spent the last four years under some of the most brilliant minds in the game, he takes back a lot from his IPL experience. “I have learnt a lot from coaches like Shaun Pollock, John Wright, Robin Singh, Kiran More – he has helped me with my wicket-keeping – and Paras Mhambrey in the IPL.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012